[Debian-ppc64-devel] partman / partman-prep

Sven Luther sven.luther at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jul 10 21:22:51 UTC 2006

On Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 10:19:06AM +0200, Frank van Berkel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was reading the bugs list for powerpc. Now I wonder that there are partman
> bugs that are open for more than a year.
>
> The questiion is if anyone is still working on those partman-prep issue's on
> iSeries/i5?

I do. The problem seems to be mostly related to real PReP hardware, but it is
more of the black-magic-should-work-but-doesn't-for-no-known-reason kind.

I recently did an install on a IBM JS21 blades, and partman-prep behaved as
expected, so it should work the same for iSeries/i5 too. Feedback is welcome
for future debugging.

Friendly,

Sven Luther