[Debian-ppc64-devel] Re: Status of debian-installer for the native ppc64 port

Sven Luther sven.luther at wanadoo.fr
Sun Jun 18 21:57:49 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 05:48:34PM +0200, Andreas Jochens wrote:
> Hello,
>
> a while ago I filed a few patches to the BTS to make d-i work on the
> native 64-bit ppc64 port (http://debian-ppc64.alioth.debian.org).

Hi Andreas, ...

Please can you give booting this file :

  http://people.debian.org/~luther/debian-installer-64bit
  (for normal boxes)

  http://people.debian.org/~luther/debian-installer-64bit-2
  (to run inside a virtual partition)

atry, and tell me how far it goes. We have been trying it inside a virtual
partition on a p505 box, and get the strangest of failure, namely .udeb md5sum
corruption during .udeb downloads. This is a net install, and a kernel with
builtin initrd, so you don't need yaboot, which is problematic on IBM
hardware and where netboot is hiting the 6MB yaboot limit.

I would be interested in this one in a virtual partition, as well as on real
hardware, i will do a XServe G5 test tomorrow, i believe.

Friendly,

Sven Luther