[Debian-ppc64-devel] Please lower priority of 'hotplug'

Chaskiel Grundman cg2v+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Aug 22 18:44:17 UTC 2007

The hotplug package conflicts with udev. In the normal debian archive, both
these packages are optional, and nothing much depends on hotplug anymore,
so it's not really a problem.

on the ppc64 archive, udev is 'important' and hotplug is 'standard'. this
prevents tasksel --new-install (or aptitude install '~pstandard') from
working right.

Can someone update the override file to deal with this? (I don't really
know how this works. I only know that 'the override file' is where priority
changes are usually dealt with)

Thanks.