[Debian-ppc64-devel] I am planning to restart ppc64 ports project.

Thibaut VARÈNE varenet at debian.org
Sat Oct 2 20:30:12 UTC 2010

Don't want to sound stern but all of you people are aware that 64-bit PowerPC code performs significantly *worse* on average than the same 32-bit code? [0]

I believe this is one of the key reasons for DebianPPC64 downfall: there are no users because nobody wants to shave off performance...

HTH

T-Bone

[0] this is thoroughly documented on the intarweb.