[xml/sgml] Mailman config

Graham Wilson graham@debian.org
Wed, 5 Nov 2003 12:35:26 -0600

--G4iJoqBmSsgzjUCe

On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 11:07:45AM -0700, Mark Johnson wrote:
> Would you mind if I set replies to _always_ go to the list? (Unless you
> change the 'To:' line in your reply.)
>=20
> I find it convenient, but I know some people find it irritating.

I find both setting the Reply-to header for lists, and using subject
tags very annoying.

Using reply-to means that original posters can not use that field if
they need to, and additionally, there are other headers that can be used
for setting follow-ups.

And I don't get subject tags: for me, they only clutter up my message
display.

However, if other people feel strongly, I can always write scripts to
change the headers after I recieve them.

--=20
gram

--G4iJoqBmSsgzjUCe

--G4iJoqBmSsgzjUCe--