[xml/sgml] Question: how to remove package from archive

Mark Johnson mrj@debian.org
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 20:40:24 -0500

Hi Again,

I need to remove a bunch of outdated packages that have now been
renamed. E.G. docbook-xml-slides is now docbook-slides.

The developer docs say to "file a bug against ftp.debian.org asking to
remove the package(s).

It wasn't clear to me how to do this, but I tried nonetheless to get
rid of 'docbook-xsl-stylesheets', but I believe my attempt failed. I
haven't received any confirmation or anything like that & it's been a
day and a half since I filed my bug report.

Can anyone give me a complete example on how to do this? I've got
quite a few (~6) to remove and the process is long overdue.

Thanks,
Mark

--
Mark Johnson        <mark@dulug.duke.edu>