[xml/sgml] Question: how to remove package from archive

Mark Johnson mrj@debian.org
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 21:47:48 -0500

On Friday, November 7, Ardo van Rangelrooij wrote:
> Mark Johnson (mrj@debian.org) wrote:
> > > Oh, you never get a response and it might a week or two before it's
> > > actually done.  Don't worry.  It'll get done.
> >
> > I dunno. I posted the question to debian-devel and was told that this
> > was NOT the way to do it. ANd, that I should file a bug(s) against
> > Policy and/or developers Ref for implying that this was the way to
> > go. Ya just never know...
>
> I thought you asked how to get a package removed from the archive.  That's just
> filing a bug report and waiting as I described.

Yeah, but the context was how to version docbook-simple from 1.0cr2 to
1.0 in a way that makes the new version 'act ljke' a new version.. The
problem being that 1.0cr2 > 1.0.

I gave up and pretended that the upstream version was 1.0.0, instead
of 1.0. Not very satisfying, but it worked.

-m