[xml/sgml] question about auto-generated files

Graham Wilson graham@debian.org
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 11:03:06 -0600

--MGYHOYXEY6WxJCY8

On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 08:37:38PM -0600, Ardo van Rangelrooij wrote:
> Graham Wilson (graham@debian.org) wrote:
> > cvs-inject seems to import them into the repository, however, I thought
> > that it was a bad idea to keep machine generated files under version
> > control. Does anyone else have any experience or thoughts on this?
>=20
> I just did an `cvs rm -f` of all the auto-generated files and followed the
> README.Debian of the autotools-dev package.  Look at the expat package for
> what I did exactly.  IIRC I also did that with the libxslt package when I
> maintained it.

Did you do this after the upstream source was in CVS? Was this in the
debian branch, or in the vendor branch? If the vendor branch, how does
cvs-update handle the situation where the new upstream source package
has files not in CVS?

--=20
gram

--MGYHOYXEY6WxJCY8