[xml/sgml] Re: Sponsor of libxml2 2.6.8-2

Mike Hommey mh@glandium.org
Fri, 16 Apr 2004 13:45:06 +0900

Joshua Kwan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm willing to sponsor your package so as to unblock a bazillion
> packages from entering testing [1]. Is this OK or would you rather a
> XML/SGML team guy do it?

Hi Joshua,

Well, I must say I'd rather a Debian XML/SGML team member do it, but if
it takes too long, then feel free to do it. I put the list in Cc (and
Chris Cheney because he also contacted me on this issue) so that
everybody can follow the status.
Note that you forgot the [1] footnote, but I guess it is the same URL as
Chris sent me (quoting below).

Chris Cheney wrote:
 > I noticed you have marked the libxml2 rc bugs as pending. Are you
 > planning to upload the fixed version soon? libxml2 is currently stalling
 > 115 other packages from migrating to sarge:
 >
 > http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/stalls.html
 >
 > Thanks,
 > Chris Cheney

List,

Does any member have time soon to upload the latest libxml2 release (see
my previous mail on the list) ?

Regards

Mike