[xml/sgml] New upstream releases of libxml2 and libxslt

Mike Hommey mh@glandium.org
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 18:37:36 +0900

Hi Developpers,

I've made a new release for both libxml2 and libxslt. As always,
pre-built packages are in my repository, while everything is in SVN.

The libxml2 release solves an RC bug (FTBFS on ARM), while the new
libxslt can just be uploaded at the same time, since it doesn't need the
fresh new libxml2 to build properly.

While I would usually not put an urgency to high to a new upstream
release, and would have solved the RC bug in the current while delaying
the new upstream for the transition of the RC bug free release to
testing to be done, I think in libxml2 and libxslt cases it is safe to
do so because of all the regression tests runned upstream, especially
when no major changes are made between releases.

Cheers,

Mike