[xml/sgml] How to reference docbookx.dtd via file://?

Mark Johnson mrj@debian.org
Mon, 06 Dec 2004 17:30:31 -0500

> <snip>
>
> Right. I've been playing with nxml. However, I haven't
> figured out how to get it to tell me which tags are
> valid when. XEmacs will display them in a popup
> window. Also, it lists all valid attributes on
> request. I haven't figured out how to get nxml to
> replicate that service.
>

> When I can figure out how to see all valid elements
> and attributes, that will mostly eliminate psgml mode.
> However, source code elision and smart indenting are
> quite important.

Jeff,

In GNU Emacs, you can get psgml to give you a popup menu by putting the
following in your .emacs:

(add-hook
  'sgml-mode-hook                ; These only apply in sgml-mode
  (function
   (lambda()

;; Mouse Bindings: right-click generates elements/attributes menu

     (define-key sgml-mode-map [mouse-3] 'sgml-tags-menu)

     )))

Or you can try a preconfigured, more user-friendly psgml I packaged up here:

http://linux.duke.edu/~mark/psgmlx/

Cheers,
Mark

Mark Johnson      <mrj@debian.org>
Debian XML/SGML:  <http://debian-xml-sgml.alioth.debian.org>
Home Page:        <http://dulug.duke.edu/~mark/>
GPG fp: DBEA FA3C C46A 70B5 F120  568B 89D5 4F61 C07D E242