[xml/sgml] xerces packages okay with libicu28-dev

Jay Berkenbilt ejb@ql.org
Sat, 12 Jun 2004 10:13:08 -0400

Now that libicu28 is in sid, I've done some more detailed testing of
xerces25.  Everything appears to work fine.  Although my tests don't
fully exercise the xerces libraries, they do exercise multiple aspects
of the transcoder including UTF-8 and ISO-8859-1 locales.  I'm
planning on preparing new xerces23*, xerces24*, and xerces25* packages
that depend upon libicu28 instead of libicu21 (after testing xerces23
and xerces24, of course), removing at least one dependency upon the
older libraries.

Thanks for getting 2.8 into the distribution!

--
Jay Berkenbilt <ejb@ql.org>
http://www.ql.org/q/