[New RFS] Re: [xml/sgml] Re: New upstream releases for libxml2 and libxslt, a RFS

Mike Hommey mh@glandium.org
Thu, 27 May 2004 16:36:09 +0900

Mike Hommey wrote:
> Ardo van Rangelrooij wrote:
>
>> How do I do the tag in SVN and which tag do I use (in other words:
>> I've not
>> used SVN yet, so I need some guidance here).
>

> One of the various ways to achieve that is to use svn-buildpackage with
> the --svn-tag option. There's an other option if you want to skip the
> package build process (--svn-tag-only)
>
> An other way is to use the svn tool to make a copy of the trunk into the
> tags directory. For example :
> svn copy
> svn+ssh://login@svn.debian.org/svn/debian-xml-sgml/packages/libxml2/trunk
> svn+ssh://login@svn.debian.org/svn/debian-xml-sgml/packages/libxml2/tags/2.6.10-1

Well, since I committed some new stuff, therefore getting the tagging to
be a bit more tricky (involving revision numbers), I did it myself ;)

Now there are libxml 1.8.17-6 and libxml2 2.6.10-2 awaiting for
sponsorship. (I'll upload compiled versions to my repository[1] shortly)

Cheers,

Mike

[1] http://glandium.org/debian/unstable/