[New RFS] Re: [xml/sgml] Re: New upstream releases for libxml2 and libxslt, a RFS

Ardo van Rangelrooij ardo@debian.org
Thu, 27 May 2004 20:51:18 -0500

Mike Hommey (mh@glandium.org) wrote:
> Mike Hommey wrote:
> >Ardo van Rangelrooij wrote:
> >
> >>How do I do the tag in SVN and which tag do I use (in other words:
> >>I've not
> >>used SVN yet, so I need some guidance here).
> >

> >One of the various ways to achieve that is to use svn-buildpackage with
> >the --svn-tag option. There's an other option if you want to skip the
> >package build process (--svn-tag-only)
> >
> >An other way is to use the svn tool to make a copy of the trunk into the
> >tags directory. For example :
> >svn copy
> >svn+ssh://login@svn.debian.org/svn/debian-xml-sgml/packages/libxml2/trunk
> >svn+ssh://login@svn.debian.org/svn/debian-xml-sgml/packages/libxml2/tags/2.6.10-1
>
> Well, since I committed some new stuff, therefore getting the tagging to
> be a bit more tricky (involving revision numbers), I did it myself ;)
>
> Now there are libxml 1.8.17-6 and libxml2 2.6.10-2 awaiting for
> sponsorship. (I'll upload compiled versions to my repository[1] shortly)

While building libxml I got the following warning:

    dpkg-deb: building package `libxml1' in `../libxml1_1.8.17-6_i386.deb'.
    warning, in file `debian/libxml-dev/DEBIAN/control' near line 7 package `libxml-dev':
     `Conflicts' field, reference to `libxml2-dev':
      `<' is obsolete, use `<=' or `<<' instead
    dpkg-deb: ignoring 1 warnings about the control file(s)

and lintian said

    W: libxml-dev: symlink-is-self-recursive usr/include/gnome-xml/libxml .
    W: libxml-dev: obsolete-relation-form conflicts: libxml2-dev (< 2.6.10-2)

For libxml2 I got the following warnings:

    dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown substitution variable ${misc:Depends}
    dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown substitution variable ${misc:Depends}
    dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown substitution variable ${misc:Depends}

I've signed and uploaded the packages, and tagged SVN.

Thanks,
Ardo
--
Ardo van Rangelrooij                                     Debian XML/SGML Group
<ardo@debian.org>              <debian-xml-sgml-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>