[xml/sgml] RFS: new libxml package

Ardo van Rangelrooij ardo@debian.org
Sun, 21 Nov 2004 10:13:06 -0600

Mike Hommey (mh@glandium.org) wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Once again, a small update:
> http://glandium.org/debian/repository/unstable/libxml_1.8.17-10_i386.changes
> which addresses #281580.

NOTE: I did the following on the current '-9' version.

I finally found the way to get the same result as on the lintian web page:

  lintian *.deb *.dsc

which revealed for libxml the following:

    > lintian *.deb *.dsc
    E: libxml source: multiline-field build-depends
    E: libxml-dev: lengthy-symlink usr/include/gnome-xml/libxml ../gnome-xml

You may want to fix these.

Running it with the '-I' option also reveals the following:

    I: libxml-dev: arch-dep-package-has-big-usr-share 1044kB 59%

but that's not something I would give a priority.

Then when running linda I get the following:

    > linda *.deb *.dsc
    E: libxml1; Binary /usr/lib/libxml.so.1.8.17 contains unneeded section .comment.

Thanks,
Ardo
--
Ardo van Rangelrooij                                     Debian XML/SGML Group
<ardo@debian.org>              <debian-xml-sgml-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>