[xml/sgml] How to reference docbookx.dtd via file://?

Jeff Chimene jeffchimene@yahoo.com
Sun, 28 Nov 2004 22:42:56 -0800 (PST)

--- Mark Johnson <mrj@debian.org> wrote:

> Jeff Chimene wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is the answer to simply rewrite the
>> SYSTEM identifier in the DOCTYPE declaration?
>
> Yep, that'll work.

Yes, it did/does. I wound up edting the dbforms DTD to
reference V4.3 of the docbookx DTD.

>> <!DOCTYPE article
>> PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook HTML Forms Module
>> V1.1//EN" "dbforms.dtd"!>

I guess I'm surprised that the PUBLIC declaration
doesn't match a catalog entry. I have to admit that
I'm quite new to XML.

> Since you're using XML, it gets even easier: you can
> ditch the PUBLIC
> identifier altogether and simply use a DOCTYPE
> declaration like:
>
> <!DOCTYPE article SYSTEM "path-to-dtd">

Yes, that's what I wound up doing. However, it
requires hardcoding the DTD location - something that
doesn't seem quite right. To make my life easier,
should I use update-xmlcatalog to point to the dbforms
DTD?

> THe 'file://' prefix is probably optional, depending
> on what parser
> you're using. Try it with/without the file:// part
> until it works for you.

xsltproc & XSLT including <OLINK> processing.