[xml/sgml] docbook-css packaging question

Mark Johnson mrj at debian.org
Mon Aug 29 18:02:11 UTC 2005

W. Borgert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> AFAIK, there is no standard place for CSS files, so I'll use
> /usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/docbook-css/.  Is that both
> correct and useful?

I don't think it's incorrect, but putting them in
/usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/css/
would be more consistent with current docbook packaging.

 Rationale: the logical argument would go something like...

  they should go into
  /usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/<sylesheet-type>/

 (of course this assumes uniqueness, in the sense that no one else will
  package css stylesheets for docbook, which may not be the case. hrm.)

> I think stylesheet refers to either CSS or
> DSSSL or XSL, right?

Yep, that's right.

HTH...

Cheers,
Mark

[1] Policy is not really clear on this. I need to rewrite that doc. See:
 http://debian-xml-sgml.alioth.debian.org/xml-policy/xml-app-dirs.html#xml-app-dir-layout