[xml/sgml] Packaging docbook [was ...XXX-css]

Mark Johnson mrj at debian.org
Mon Aug 29 21:39:43 UTC 2005

Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> While I have your attention, allow me to extend to any interested and
> competent debian developer co-maintainership of my docbook packages.
> [...]
>
> Anyone interested?

I've been thinking about the same issue as well, as I'm falling behind
on my docbook package maintenance.

However, what I'm currently considering is to have them autobuilt out of
the sourceforge repository (by checking my debian/ directories into the
sf cvs tree).

With builds taking place on sf.net, we'd have much less to do -
basically respond to Mike Smith's messages when packages change
significantly and need tweaking in the debian/ directory.

I dunno - alioth (with multiple maintainers) or sf.net (with direct
upstream involvement)[1]? Opinions? Anyone?

FWIW, you can put me down as a co-maintainer for your packages, Adam.
And, I extend the same offer for co-maintenance of my docbook packages,
with the caveat that the proposed co-maintainer can at least convince me
that they understand xml catalogs well enough to do sensible packaging.
Not very hard, but *very* important.

Cheers,
Mark

[1] FYI: Adam & I are both upstream for docbook schema & stylesheets, so
the sf.net proposal wouldn't take control out of debian devel hands.
(Just thinking out loud here...)