[xml/sgml] Packaging docbook-css

W. Borgert debacle at debian.org
Wed Aug 31 09:57:50 UTC 2005

Quoting Michael Smith <smith at xml-doc.org>:
> If what you are discussing is a defult CSS stylesheet for styling
> output from the DocBook XSL stylesheets, then yeah, if Dave can

No, it is CSS for DocBook/XML itself, not any output from XSL
transformation.  See
http://www.badgers-in-foil.co.uk/projects/docbook-css/
and the very impressing examples
http://www.badgers-in-foil.co.uk/projects/docbook-css/tests/

> send me a copy of it, I think I could get it checked into the
> DocBook Project CVS tree and we could include in the next major
> release (v1.70.0). I would need to get an OK from the other
> project developers, but I doubt anybody will object.

I'm not sure, whether this is the right place for the CSS files.
They are very useful for people who do not use XSL, or use other
XSL stylesheets (db2latex-xsl or ldp-docbook-xsl). Maybe it's
more appropriate to bundle the CSS stuff with the DTD or to
distribute them separately.

Cheers, Wolfgang Borgert