[xml/sgml] Re: RFH: docbook

Adam Di Carlo adam at onshored.com
Thu May 25 21:57:06 UTC 2006

Spurred by your email, I've looked into this much neglected package,
docbook.

I had neglected to package the 4.4 version because both 4.3 and 4.4
weren't working for me, and I didn't want to compound the problems without
fixing it.

Apparently a lot of code is shared between docbook and docbook-xml, so,
unfortunately, if the files in the packages are not kept in sync, behavior
will be different in using Docbook SGML if docbook xml is installed or
not.  To avoid this, I'm keeping the packages in sync.

Anyhow, I should be able to resolve all this soon.   Is anyone here active
with Norm or the docbook OASIS list?  It would be good to try to get this
fixed before the upcoming 4.5 release.

--
...Adam Di Carlo...<adam at onshored.com>.......<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>