[xml/sgml] packaging DITA Open Toolkit for Debian

Mark Johnson mrj at ibiblio.org
Thu Sep 29 16:49:25 UTC 2011

>  Any update on #555635 ? Should this bug be reopened after all ?

I tried to re-apply for maintainer status, but the process was killed due to
lack of (timely) advocacy. Some deadlines were missed and so the application
was dropped.

I'm still interested in re-establishing my maintainer status and packing the
DITA resources, but will need an existing maintainer to follow through on
the required procedure.

I occasionally use DITA in my day job and it was not at all fun to
configure:-)

Your call as to whether the bug should be re-opened. The main issue seems to
be whether or not I can successfully get maintainer status again. (I'm not
really interested in doing NM uploads at this point.)

Hope that helps,
Mark

> Thanks
>
> 2011/5/1 Mark Johnson <mrj at ibiblio.org>:
> > Hi All,
> > I used to be an active debian developer (mrj at debian.org) who mainly
> packaged
> > many docbook and xml-related resources and xslt processing tools.
> > I'm wondering if I might rejoin the project in order to add some DITA
> > packages to the distribution, (see bug #555635), chiefly those parts of
> the
> > DITA-OT that are missing.
> > Would anyone find value in this?
> > I wonder if I have to go through the entire re-application process??
> > Thanks,
> > Mark
> >
> > --
> >

> --
> Mathieu

Mark Johnson      <mrj at ibiblio.org>    Mobile   715.966.0200
Information Architect
LionBridge Technologies, Inc.

GPG fp: DBEA FA3C C46A 70B5 F120  568B 89D5 4F61 C07D E242