[xml/sgml] I/O error : Attempt to load network entity http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd

Mark Johnson mrj at ibiblio.org
Fri Jun 7 16:21:46 UTC 2013

Mathieu,

> Thanks a bunch for your help with that. However I think I need to
> rephrase my question into: how can make sure whatever package comes
> out, will be compliant with upstream.

I understand the issue. Upstream compliance is important.

> I'd like to be sure I am using upstream catalogs,

The upstream catalogs can almost always be used unchanged as package
catalogs [1], so that aspect shouldn't create any difficulties.

> I'd like to be sure
> to have all referenced *.xsl, and I'd like to be sure to package all
> version of xml.xsd (basically one per year).

Are you talking about creating a separate package to contain the
various xml.xsd files? Just curious...

Fwiw, the DITA-OT package suffers from similar issues and when I start
digging in and figuring out a best-practices fix (which we will likely
debate) I'll surely post to this list and CC: you.

> So my question is really:
> is there such a thing as an upstream tarball for those *.xsd files ?

Not that I'm aware of. Sorry.

[1] http://debian-xml-sgml.alioth.debian.org/xml-policy/xml-catalog-hierarchy.html

--
Be seeing you,