[debian-yeeloong-project] Issues on libre Wheezy on Yeeloong, no X, permissions, & wifi

Advrk Aplmrkt avkaplmkt at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 03:35:43 UTC 2011

Hello,

Adding 'rfkill unblock 0' to rc.local worked for wireless, thanks!

I followed your instructions and installed said xserver package. Upon
restart, X started, but the performance seems to be the same, how do I
check if the siliconmotion driver is loaded correctly? If it is now,
how do I make sure it is used?

Installing udisks did not make my USB devices mount correctly. In one
case, one of my USB sticks appears upon insertion, but when I double
click to open in the Thunar, the file manager window crashed.

Also, following the instructions for using sudo to enable
shutdown/restart from XFCE, the buttons were still greyed out when I
logout.

The USB mounting and logout options issue seem to point towards a more
fundamental permissions problem with my user. Is there anything else I
can try?

Finally, whenever I run apt-get for something, I always get this output:

Setting up linux-image-2.6.39.4-libre-lemote (0lxo) ...
Running depmod.
Finding valid ramdisk creators.
Failed to find suitable ramdisk generation tool for kernel version
2.6.39.4-libre-lemote on running kernel 2.6.39.4-libre-lemote in
mkinitramfs-kpkg mkinitrd.yaird
dpkg: error processing linux-image-2.6.39.4-libre-lemote (--configure):
 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 127
configured to not write apport reports
 linux-image-2.6.39.4-libre-lemote
A package failed to install.  Trying to recover:
Setting up linux-image-2.6.39.4-libre-lemote (0lxo) ...
Running depmod.
Finding valid ramdisk creators.
Failed to find suitable ramdisk generation tool for kernel version
2.6.39.4-libre-lemote on running kernel 2.6.39.4-libre-lemote in
mkinitramfs-kpkg mkinitrd.yaird
dpkg: error processing linux-image-2.6.39.4-libre-lemote (--configure):
 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 127
 linux-image-2.6.39.4-libre-lemote

What does this mean?

Thanks for bearing with me as I try to setup my Yeeloong!