[debian-yeeloong-project] Issues on libre Wheezy on Yeeloong, no X, permissions, & wifi

Jason Woofenden jason at jasonwoof.com
Thu Dec 15 11:19:44 UTC 2011

On 2011-12-05 06:18PM, Advrk Aplmrkt wrote:
> Yeah I did use "siliconmotion" as the device, can I then assume that
> driver is being used? I am not really noticing any performance
> difference...

My screen is very slow to update too (on my lemote laptop). When I
installed debian I initially just uninstalled the siliconmotion
drivers, and it was slow. Later I rebuilt xorg and put in the
/etc/X11/xorg.conf as described on the wiki, and... it didn't seem
much faster. The major improvement was that mplayer could scale up
video quickly.

Does anybody know a way to get the screen to update quicker? You
can watch the redraw happen from the top down. Seems like it takes
about 200-300ms.

           - Jason