[debian-yeeloong-project] Yeeloong support status

Jason Woofenden jason at jasonwoof.com
Thu Sep 15 18:18:59 UTC 2011

> Yes, this works. Many things loaded but then there's a black screen, HD
> LED is blinking, sometimes. When I push ENTER button (just because)
> then I have a white underline at the upper left but it's not blinking
> and I can't type anything else. I tried ALT+F2 and other buttons but
> there's no reaction.

This sounds like the problem with the stock debian siliconmotion
drivers.

You can tell grub to start in "single user mode" (which does not
start up the graphics) by adding a 1 to the end of the boot prompt.
So something like this:

	g console=tty root=/dev/sda3 1

(don't just paste that, add a one at the end of the one that gets
you the black screen with the non-blinking cursor.)

Then you should get a text-login, and it should run fine except no
graphics of course. The easy way to fix it is to uninstall the
siliconmotion drivers:

	apt-get remove xserver-xorg-video-siliconmotion

Then reboot, and it should work ok.

Then, later if you want to spend some time and speed up your
graphics a bit, you can follow the instructions here:

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianYeeloong/HowTo/Install#Squeeze_X

         - Jason