[debian-yeeloong-project] Getting Wifi to work in Wheezy

Steven Chamberlain steven at pyro.eu.org
Mon May 27 11:18:06 UTC 2013

Hi Harry!

On 27/05/13 01:44, Harry Prevor wrote:
> I've seen some old posts about doing this through kernel patches, but
> considering I already have the loongson kernel I didn't think this
> would be necessary.

Indeed I can already connect to open and WEP/WPA networks without
patching, using the wheezy kernel.

Remember to actually enable the Wi-Fi card's radio by pressing the
appropriate Fn+F-key combination (you have to do this on every boot).
You may see output in the kernel log when this is toggled.

I simply use network-manager in X.  I'm using XFCE so I use the
network-manager-gnome front-end.  After enabling radio, it notices this
and automatically connects to a preconfigured network if in range.

wicd also works, but is less good.

Regards,
--
Steven Chamberlain