[Debootloaders-emile] Re: can't download macos script for emile

Brian Morris cymraegish at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 05:39:05 UTC 2006

hi, laurent,

debian sarge installed booted from emile-cd-install image on

macintosh performa450 (aka lcIII) , 25mhz m68030, 36MB
ram and no fpu.

booted with penguin to complete base config. minimal install.
(still need to fix the regular boot, sorry...)

some  errors, but it runs. (hw clock, loop interface). probably
needs fpu, sort of demanding some sort of network (i thought
it would take the serial port but appears not), battery (i got 1)

used my powerbook 540 in disk mode as external disk to put
install on. also the cd was external, scsi apple cd circa 1995,
aps active termination pass through.

sorry that's all for now, have been tangled up with replacing
hard drive in the middle powerbook (3400, 1997, ppc603ev).
that's the machine that i hope also will help me to jump start
the 540 if it needs it, i can run emile-tools-ppc there and
transfer files again via the powerbook disc mode pretty fastly.

hopefully maybe i can find cross compiler for if i need to custom
build kernel...

see more info i posted on debian-68k at lists.debian.org.

still like your rescue disc, i used mknod to mount the sarge
filesystems with that, that was how i check my setup before when i
only had 20MB ram and installer hung.

 it is much faster running, must try to learn
chroot or something...

On 8/24/06, Laurent Vivier <Laurent at lvivier.info> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> did you success to install debian with emile ?
>
> Regards,
> Laurent
>
> Le 23 août 06 à 06:48, Brian Morris a écrit :
>
> > hi,
> >
> > when i try and download this script on your howto page
[snip]