[Debootloaders-silo] O: silo -- Sparc Improved LOader

Jurij Smakov jurij at wooyd.org
Sun Sep 1 10:55:44 UTC 2013

Package: wnpp
Severity: normal

[This message is bcc'd to submit at bugs.debian.org.]

Given that I'm no longer involved with sparc port and none of the other
silo maintainers appear to be active (no replies to [0], sent over a month
ago), I think the best course of action is to orphan silo.

There are currently no serious bugs that I know of, so it's mostly about
keeping it reasonably up to date. Prospective maintainers should have
access to sparc hardware to be able to do at least minimal testing, joining
the 'debootloaders' project on Alioth (within which silo was previously
maintained) is a good idea as well.

Cheers.

[0]
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debootloaders-silo/2013-July/000084.html