[debpool] Logging and error handling

Andreas Fester Andreas.Fester at agile.com
Thu Apr 12 07:08:42 UTC 2007

Hi,

great to see the project starting :-)
I havent read through all the mails yet, just two questions/comments:

- The original approach from Joel was, IIUC, to have a leightweight
  implementation for a Debian pool manager, with as less dependencies
  as possible; is this the strategy we want to continue? My opinion
  is that it might be beneficial to use already existing packages,
  rather than reimplementing stuff simply for minimizing dependencies.

- This leads to my second question :) for the logging stuff,
  it might make sense to use the already existing log4perl module
  (liblog-log4perl-perl). I have not yet looked into it how
  complete it is compared to log4j, but it might be worth checking it.

Thanks,

	Andreas

Magnus Holmgren wrote:
> This is the second major question to discuss, I believe, after the
> "database rebuild" question.
[...]