[debpool] Parse_Control

Magnus Holmgren holmgren at lysator.liu.se
Sat Apr 21 16:26:35 UTC 2007

What do you think about a more general Parse_Control() function? I mean, on
the basic level all control files are alike: RFC 822-style "field-name ':'
value", and lines beginning with whitespace are continuation lines. Then
there are certain fields that are interpreted in particular ways, but that
comes a level up. Would this abstraction case any problem?

I'm thinking that it can work pretty well having one .package or .source file
per source package and arch, but that they need to be read back in for
certain information, such as which files exist and which which binaries a
given source builds. Therefore I suggest that they be relocated to one place
(e.g. the db directory) and that new functions be added, which can parse
them.

Magnus Holmgren        holmgren at lysator.liu.se
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)