[debpool] Should Allow_Version distinguish different archs?

Magnus Holmgren holmgren at lysator.liu.se
Sat May 19 12:07:07 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 24 April 2007 14:39, Free Ekanayaka wrote:
> Actually I didn't have binNMUs in mind, but simply binary uploads, so
> the situation is much simpler and very common.

I'll can assume that there will be no binNMUs for now, but there are problems
anyway, that make me want to scrap the current data layout and start over.

The temporary solution I'm thinking of is to add a list of arches to the "meta"
record in $VersionDB. A record could then look like this:

exim4: 4.67-2|exim4,exim4-daemon-heavy,exim4-daemon-light,exim4-base,exim4-config|source,i386,amd64

If the last part ("|source,i386,amd64") is missing, no binary-only uploads are
allowed, so a new version will have to be uploaded first.

Magnus Holmgren        holmgren at lysator.liu.se
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)