[debpool] debexpo: Debian GSoC

Andres Mejia mcitadel at gmail.com
Fri May 2 04:26:55 UTC 2008

Have you seen this snippet from the announcement?

"Jonny Lamb will work on debexpo, a web-based Debian package repository to
allow everyone to upload and provide personal package repositories. It
includes functionality for sponsors to easily review packages and should ease
contribution to Debian by offering an easy way to contribute packages for
software not yet included in Debian."

It's more or less the idea I had in mind for debpool. In fact, I've been
thinking about implementing some kind of webUI for debpool for a while,
although there's still other things left to be done, like fixing all bugs in
the BTS. Here's their wiki page with more details.
http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2008/debexpo

It's been announced about a week ago, so I suppose there hasn't been much
activity going on for debexpo. In any case, I've already requested to join
them.

If the project does produce results like what debtorrent did last year, I
can't see myself working on debpool any longer. However if the project proves
to be a failure (like what happened two years ago with the torrent project
for apt), I'll be sticking with debpool.

By the way, Magnus, did you finish reviewing my changes to debpool? I got
debpool packages ready for upload at mentors.debian.net.
- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/d/debpool/debpool_0.3.0.dsc

--
Regards,