[Debtags-devel] new libtagcoll - compilation problems

Enrico Zini zinie@cs.unibo.it
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 22:16:42 +0200

On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 01:53:50PM +0200, Benjamin Mesing wrote:

> Ah.. I see - I did not occur to me that you might have included the .cc
> file in the library. This of course solves the issue.

Yup!  To do things cleanly, I suggest you only include the .cc file in a
specific source in which you create all the template instantiations you
need, instead of scattering the source code with template instantiations
and .cc file inclusions, which may make things hard to manage and
lengthen compilation time.

> I needed the PpSet<int> templates because I use int's as handles for the
> packages together with the handlemaker. This is also because I offer
> other types of search not possible with the Debtags::Package class. The
> OpSet<int> is used to connect the results. Besides I do not want to
> throw away all my code using the apt library and recode it. I guess you
> understand this kind of nostalgy :-)

Sure :)

What are the searches that you offer and Debtags::Package can't do?