[Debtags-devel] What is autoclass?

Enrico Zini enrico@enricozini.org
Sun, 19 Dec 2004 14:58:41 +0800

--gKMricLos+KVdGMg

Hello,

I stumbled on this.  I don't know what it does, but it may look like
it's an auto-grouping thing.

I'm at a conf in Taipei (my Debtags lightning talk starts in 20 minutes
:)  so I can't look at it atm.  Just not to forget about it, I post the
description here:

Package: autoclass
Section: math
Installed-Size: 724
Maintainer: James R. Van Zandt <jrv@debian.org>
Architecture: i386
Version: 3.3.4-1
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.3.2.ds1-4)
Filename: pool/main/a/autoclass/autoclass_3.3.4-1_i386.deb
Size: 427994
MD5sum: 7dc2b3691be7c24479479d8a0ad8437f
 AutoClass solves the problem of automatic discovery of classes in data
 (sometimes called clustering, or unsupervised learning), as distinct
 from the generation of class descriptions from labeled examples
 (called supervised learning).  It aims to discover the "natural"
 classes in the data.  AutoClass is applicable to observations of
 things that can be described by a set of attributes, without referring
 to other things.  The data values corresponding to each attribute are
 limited to be either numbers or the elements of a fixed set of
 symbols.  With numeric data, a measurement error must be provided.  For
 more information, see
 http://ic-www.arc.nasa.gov/ic/projects/bayes-group/autoclass/.

--gKMricLos+KVdGMg

--gKMricLos+KVdGMg--