[Debtags-devel] Re: Debtags Library

Enrico Zini zinie@cs.unibo.it
Sun, 1 Aug 2004 00:59:30 +0200

--jI8keyz6grp/JLjh

On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 10:27:20AM +0200, Benjamin Mesing wrote:

> > ... which then probably is too hard to understand by users.
> > Keep in mind that we use this information to make a hierarchy. Making
> > hierarchies out of hierarchies is really hard to understand. ;-)
> So what whould be done? Do you think that users would accept a two level
> search? First searching for the tags and than for the package?

I think it all depends on how questions are made: if they make sense,
it's not too bad to ask them.

For example, in a two level approach you have two questions:

 1) What is that generally interests you?
 2) What are you looking for precisely?

You answer 1 once, or rarely, in the package preferences.  You answer 2
when you make searches.  It looks fairly reasonable for a system with
this complexity...

--jI8keyz6grp/JLjh

--jI8keyz6grp/JLjh--