[Debtags-devel] Fixed many bugs

Enrico Zini zinie@cs.unibo.it
Sun, 1 Aug 2004 00:56:02 +0200

--J2SCkAp4GZ/dPZZf

Hello,

I just committed some major bugfix to the repository: now the library
should be fairly usable and stable.  Sorry for not making packages, but
it's fairly late; if someone wants to bump versions a little bit and
upload compiled packages, feel free to do it.

I still need to work on the vocabulary so that it loads facet data
instead of complaining, and I think we're approaching a full release.

Please test, if you can, and if possible please help me on this:

  versioned dependencies: in this previews, I set dependencies in
  shlibs to be the exact package version, because the API may undergo
  slight changes which break binary compatibility.  However, I
  understand it's wrong.  What is the best way to handle dependencies
  on a still-not-super-stable-API-library without increasing the soname
  version and making a new package name every time some small bit
  changes?

--J2SCkAp4GZ/dPZZf

--J2SCkAp4GZ/dPZZf--