[Debtags-devel] First Web Interface for Tag Database

Benjamin Mesing bensmail@gmx.net
Tue, 09 Nov 2004 16:58:15 +0100

Hello folks,

I am pleased to announce, that I have a very first version of a web
interface for the AI-tagger. Unfortunately my Computer is online around
five hours a day :-( I also hope my IP stays stable. The server is for
testing only an is not to be made available to the public. It is a quick
setup of a tomcat server. The time where it will be most likely online
is around 15:00 - 20:00 GMT.
The entry page is available via
http://:212.204.39.2:8180/web_tagger/web_ai_tagger.html

Currently the only possible option is to test the AI engine (i.e. doing
the same that was formerly done on the command line, and where I posted
results before). Click the Test AI Engine link and enter the tag you
want to test there. If you keep the "Create and Train" option checked, a
test and training set will be created if it is not yet existent.
Currently the tag is not checked, so you might end up getting empty
results.

Note that my Computer is not heavily secured, so please do not try to
hack it :-) Also note that my CPU is not very fast, and creating and
checking the database might take some time - so please be patient.

I also have a question to the nature of the AI tagger for you. Currently
it is possible to remove packages from the database (e.g. if it was
accidently added). But the keywords removed will depend on the current
data (description, dependencies..) for the package not the data at the
time the package was added. This avoids the neccessity to store the
words that where added for each package. As you see this solution is not
optimal, but the question is, if it is worth the extra space to make the
packages removable correctly. On the other hand the database might
become quite corrupted over a long time.

So far for now

Greetings Ben