[Debtags-devel] Second Preview

Thaddeus H. Black t@b-tk.org
Wed, 13 Oct 2004 12:55:58 +0000

--+HP7ph2BbKc20aGI

Ben wrote,

> [The tagging AI] starts to get a little slow now, ...

Slow?  Good.  Surely not so slow as tagging by hand.

> Nevertheless the results are still not acceptable, so I will try to fine
> tune further, even though somehow I doubt that we can go 95% precision
> in average, meaning worse results for some tags.

AI is an odd thing, isn't it?  One never knows in the beginning how well
an AI is going to work.  One simply must risk it.  Even an AI with less
than 95% precision might lend needed leverage to manual tagging work.

> The QT and GTK have a training set quite large, so it is one of the
> "good" cases.

Okay.  A challenge.  Two "bad" cases:

  Package: libtasn1-2-dev
  Section: libdevel
  Installed-Size: 292
  Maintainer: Matthias Urlichs <smurf@debian.org>
  Architecture: i386
  Source: libtasn1-2
  Version: 0.2.10-3
  Provides: libtasn1-dev
  Depends: libtasn1-2 (=3D 0.2.10-3)
  Conflicts: libgnutls-dev (<< 0.5.1-4), libtasn1-dev
  Filename: pool/main/libt/libtasn1-2/libtasn1-2-dev_0.2.10-3_i386.deb
  Size: 146724
  MD5sum: 30c3f6e24a77a6e879255cb1fc7b128e
   Manage ASN1 (Abstract Syntax Notation One) structures.
   The main features of this library are:
     * on-line ASN1 structure management that doesn't require any C code
       file generation.
     * off-line ASN1 structure management with C code file generation
       containing an array.
     * DER (Distinguish Encoding Rules) encoding
     * no limits for INTEGER and ENUMERATED values
   .
   This package contains header files and libraries for static linking.

  Package: libhs
  Section: libs
  Installed-Size: 68
  Maintainer: RISKO Gergely <risko@debian.org>
  Architecture: i386
  Version: 0.1.3
  Depends: libc6 (>=3D 2.2.4-4)
  Filename: pool/main/libh/libhs/libhs_0.1.3_i386.deb
  Size: 5556
  MD5sum: 4c3e84b6407a8f65ec71ea7f803524cc
   The HighScore Library is a small library to make the programming
   of high score tables easier. Its features:
     * you can give default data for the case if no previous highscores
     * you can simple insert to a table with use of a comparison function
     * you can store any data with the score itself
     * FILE LOCKING
     * more difficulty level for the same program
   .
   Now this library is used by bombardier (0.7.3) or above
 =20
The latter obscure package has to do with game programming, yet /game/
appears nowhere in it.  The former obscure package has to do with
booting under network control, but how is the AI supposed to figure this
out?  It is difficult enough for a human to figure it out.

--+HP7ph2BbKc20aGI

--+HP7ph2BbKc20aGI--