[Debtags-devel] Re: debram proposals

Thaddeus H. Black t@b-tk.org
Thu, 14 Oct 2004 17:27:43 +0000

--qDbXVdCdHGoSgWSk

Thread silence.  Good, I think.  Presumably it
indicates

  * consent,

  * that the original post properly honors all
    your relevant suggestions, and/or

  * that the original post was just too boring,
    too technical and too long.

At least no one seems alarmed at the general
prospect of expanding, detailing and slightly
reforming the ramification plan; so let us
proceed on that basis.  The floor remains open
for comments if any should arise.

Additional specific ramification plan proposals:

42.  It is proposed to open the new branch
[0300 The Posix-Compliant Bourne Shell]---
although as far as I know, only the dash package
would go there.

43.  It is proposed to consider opening a branch
for SELinux.

44.  It is proposed to identify foundational
Apache packages, elevating them into their own
branch.

45.  It is proposed to identify foundational
SGML / XML packages, elevating them into their
own branch.  (I have solicited the XML/SGML
packaging group's advice in this.)

16a.  If [8400 Foreign Operating Systems] is
subramified (see proposal 16), it is proposed
also to give Samba its own group therein.

As mentioned before, neither every detail nor
every intended minor update is listed, but the
list does mean to convey all the important
points.  Let me know if specific questions or
concerns arise.

--=20
Thaddeus H. Black
508 Nellie's Cave Road