[Debtags-devel] Downloadable tag database cleanup

Enrico Zini enrico@enricozini.org
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 11:54:09 +0200

--9amGYk9869ThD9tj

Hello,

Continuing the round of cleanup, I wrote a script that removes redundant
legacy tags from the tag database before putting it online.

Basically, if it finds on a tagset a tag "facet::tag" and a tag "facet",
the tag "facet" is removed.

This results in less "Removing tag xx not found in vocabulary" warnings
during debtags update, and makes those warnings meaningful.  If you do a
debtags update now, you'll discover that we have lots of packages tagged
"devel" without a "devel::something" tag, and even more strangely,
various tags tagged "special" without a "special::something" tag.

I'll try to add the names of the packages together with the warning to
make them even more meaningful.

--9amGYk9869ThD9tj

--9amGYk9869ThD9tj--