[Debtags-devel] AI-Tagging further steps

Gustavo Franco Gustavo Franco <gustavorfranco@gmail.com>
Fri, 29 Oct 2004 17:38:26 -0300

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 13:00:57 +0000, Thaddeus H. Black <t@b-tk.org> wrote:
> [...]
>
> (It has been observed that hackers do not like to dig through the hill,
> five meters a day.  We like giant diesel boring machines and dynamite,
> don't we?  Maybe so.)
>
> I tend to accept Ben's judgment in favor of false positives, although
> one hopes that the false positives are meant to be shown to a human
> editor (who can eliminate them) not directly to the end user.

Yes, it looks good. I think that we can put on the maintainer's hands
something like 'lintian', maybe 'taggian' that will suggest him a set
of tags for his package based on the description he change (or not)
the tags and submit them signed, on the server side we check the
signature. We can extend the current client/server tools to do this
job, no?

We'll need accept some more keys and not only from the
maintainer.Look, i maintain culture::brazilian (for example) and i
think that the system will need some code to accept that i can add any
package that i want to culture::brazillian.

Do you agree? I guess that with a system like the described above we
can tag all the packages and keep the tags in a good shape, don't you?

Hope that helps,
Gustavo Franco -- <stratus@acm.org>