[Debtags-devel] Expression filter should be template?

Enrico Zini zinie@cs.unibo.it
Sun, 5 Sep 2004 04:03:25 +0200

--mYCpIKhGyMATD0i+

On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 10:07:52PM +0200, Benjamin Mesing wrote:

> I've stumble over the expression filter today. I have a set where the
> items are of type int but the Tagcoll::ExpressionFilter class can handle
> only string items. After taking a closer look it seems that there is no
> reason the ITEM can't be a template argument (it is never used to be of
> string type) - so I would suggest to change this.

You're absolutely right.  It's not safe for me to do it now without
breaking binary compatibility, but I marked it on the TODO-list for a
next libtagcoll release.

In the meantime, the class is luckily very simple and you could just
copy and paste it changing the item type.

By the way, for a future libtagcoll I was planning to make it into a
static-only library, as it's mainly a bunch of useful classes without a
specific interface philosophy behind.  libdebtags or other libraries
would take from libtagcoll what's useful for their specific domain, fit
it into their API and shit the code into their static libraries.

--mYCpIKhGyMATD0i+

--mYCpIKhGyMATD0i+--