[Debtags-devel] Using tags for aggregating popcon data

Erich Schubert Erich Schubert <erich.schubert@gmail.com>
Mon, 6 Sep 2004 19:59:30 +0200

Hi,
This reminds me of a couple of "tag" ideas we had back then.
Like "freeness" (Public Domain, BSD, GPL, non-free, ..., commercial)
"Maturity". IMHO quite important. Probably correlated to the popcon rating,=
 too.
"Ease of use". "Feature completeness".

These values were one reason why i even thought of having value-tags in the=
re.
So one could assign numerical values to tags.
Especially since you will often want to select ranges, like "show all
installed 'often' in popcon rating, but not 'always'", or "hide all
that have a maturity of alpha or below"

Gru=DF,
Erich Schubert
--
    erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)      --      GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
  To understand recursion you first need to understand recursion.   //\