[Debtags-devel] tdb

Benjamin Mesing bensmail@gmx.net
Tue, 12 Apr 2005 08:03:56 +0200

Hello,

> Yes, in the past I used integers as well.  However, now the tagcoll and
> debtags code has gone much more complex, and maintaining an int <-> tag
> and an int <-> package mapping is a layer of complexity that I'd like to
> avoid.
Hey, does that mean that libtagcoll works with strings instead of ints
now?? Please don't say its true, packagesearch uses 'int's for reference
of packages all over - well I would have to map debtags results to ints
than.

> Note that I'm already mapping Debtags' idea of packages to libapt's idea
> of packages;
Only for my understanding: libapt maps to memory but because they use
mmap every change in the apt database results in changes of the memory
making a reindexing neccessary correct? Sorry for asking those linux
related questions here lately, but I really want to *know* my OS :-)

Greetings Ben