[Debtags-devel] Segfaults when using debtags

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Sun Aug 7 14:24:16 UTC 2005

On Sun, Aug 07, 2005 at 03:48:26PM +0200, Benjamin Mesing wrote:

> Note that version 1.3.1 links against /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 and my
> development version against /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5. I have no idea
> why...

Because you're compiling one with gcc3 and the other with gcc4.  This is
also the cause of weird unexpected meaningless crashes like the ones you
reported seem to be.

In my system I deleted all gcc versions except gcc4, just to be sure.
Also note that all the libraries you depend on should already be
recompiled with gcc4: is qt allright already?  Good thing is, the linker
warns you.

> Greetings Ben (who starts to hate ABI changes)

Don't tell me.  Between gcc and apt, I think I got well beyond my quota
these days.

GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at enricozini.org>