[Debtags-devel] Lots of bugs fixed

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Sun Aug 7 19:23:23 UTC 2005

On Sun, Aug 07, 2005 at 03:40:49PM +0200, Benjamin Mesing wrote:

> > Go for it!
> Finished. See TODO-bigmerge for tasks left.

Thanks a lot!  I've done the rest.

> > The only thing you should do different, is using the directory:
> >   svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/debtags/tagcoll/branches/bigmerge
> I had decided against this in libdebtags, because I feared recursive
> copying (copying debtags into itself). But I have done it for tagcoll
> and it provided no problems.

It wouldn't really be copying debtags into itself: you have this
structure:

 tagcoll
 tagcoll/branches
 tagcoll/tags
 tagcoll/trunk

and you just copy:

 tagcoll/trunk

into:

 tagcoll/branches/bigmerge

Nothing recursive here.  Remember that in subversion there's no special
concept of module: it's all a big filesystem which also happens to have
version tracking capabilities.

Thanks again for helping me with the merge!  Now it should be much
easier to maintain tagcoll and debtags... if someone would ever pickup
the RFA, it would be even easier :)

GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at enricozini.org>