[Debtags-devel] Updating tags on svn

Thaddeus H. Black t at b-tk.org
Mon Aug 8 16:20:33 UTC 2005

Enrico wrote:

> In this respect, adding input methods tags in the accessibility facet is
> just going with this definition.

Well, I had wanted to argue, but I cannot deny that this is a good
point.  Furthermore, ...

> It depends on how you define accessibility.  My definition is "software
> that allows to access a computer in unusual ways".  This *also* includes
> people with different degrees of disablity (physical or mental), but
> not only.

... your definition is useful, reasonable, coherent, logical and
linguistically sound.  So, no argument.  Therefore, if I understand you
correctly, even packages like the following example should properly be
distinguished by accessibility.

  Package: wacom-tools
  Section: utils
  Installed-Size: 172
  Maintainer: Ron Lee <ron at debian.org>
  Architecture: i386
  Version: 0.6.6-7
  Depends: libatk1.0-0 (>= 1.7.2), libc6 (>= 2.3.2.ds1-4), libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.6.0), libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.6.0), libncurses5 (>= 5.4-1), libpango1.0-0 (>= 1.8.0), libx11-6 | xlibs (>> 4.1.0), libxi6 | xlibs (>> 4.1.0)
  Filename: pool/main/w/wacom-tools/wacom-tools_0.6.6-7_i386.deb
  Size: 38960
  MD5sum: 0a97f37c43abcfc898c1199aa16f422b
   This package provides utilities to test and configure wacom graphics tablets.
   You will need kernel modules built from the wacom-kernel-source package to
   use them with such devices.  It also provides hotplug and udev scripts which
   may be useful without these tools and (later) with the wacom support in the
   mainline kernel packages as well (2.6.11 or later).

(The example package happens to depend on libatk, but this is not what I
had wanted to draw your attention to.  Lots of packages depend on
libatk.  The point is in the unusual nature of the input device which
the wacom-tools package treats.)