[Debtags-devel] AI Tagger

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Mon Aug 15 20:24:56 UTC 2005

On Sun, Aug 14, 2005 at 09:54:47PM +0200, Benjamin Mesing wrote:

> Currently the AI Tagger is quiet usable. I have also provided a web
> interface which I did announce some month ago.
>
> It think the first that must be discussed is the purpose of the AI
> tagger. The first question is: do we need it at all. And the second: If
> so, what for.
>
> My answer for the first question is: we could give it a try, and see if
> it is useful. The use case I have in mind for the tagger is, offering a
> frontend where the maintainers can enter their packages and get a
> suggested set of tags for each of them. I've attached a screenshot of
> the web interface for the described use case.

That is nice.  Or the other way round: if I adopt the use::editing
facet, it could pop me up names of packages that could use or not use
that tag.

About giving it a try, I'd like to.  What I'd like to do is to run it on
the commandline, get a tag patch out, review it in the new debtags-edit
patch reviewer[1] and commit what's good of it.

I understand that so far I can only do it one tag at a time, and that'd
be allright.  I understand I should choose a tag (say, use::editing),
then train the engine, then run it to get the likely packages.

Can you show me the two example commandlines?  I can take care of
generating the tag patch from the output.

[1] Yes!  And it's cool!  And so far only in svn, aptfront branch,
    blocked by APT bug #321799.
--
GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at enricozini.org>