[Debtags-devel] Updating tags on svn

Erich Schubert erich.schubert at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 09:55:54 UTC 2005

Hi,
> > Do we have an agreed and shared definition of 'utility'?
>
> No.  Well, yes.  We usually know a utility when we meet it, but defining
> the concept in a few words is not easy.

There are cases where it's far from easy to make this distinction...
Think of ImageMagick. in 90% of cases it's used as a utility to make a
small step in a processing step. But once you go to some heavy
imagemagick scripting it becomes an application in my point of view...

(In most cases, imagemagick convert is used just like the netpbm tools
- which describe themselves as "tools", not "applications")

best regards,
Erich Schubert
--
    erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)      --      GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
  To understand recursion you first need to understand recursion.   //\