Finally, tags for FireFox!

Benjamin Mesing bensmail at gmx.net
Tue Dec 6 22:22:28 UTC 2005

Hello

> http://www.arches.uga.edu/~dripfeed/bookmarktags/
Cool. But the guy seems not to use use libtagcoll - I see no facets
there. Someone to convert :-)

Btw. yesterday I thought about a tagged filesystem. Not this database
stuff everyone is coming up with now. But wouldn't a real file system
with tags for files instead of directories be a nice idea --
disregarding the fact that it would probably be a nightmare to work with
current Operating Systems which so much rely on their directory
structure...
Some tags that come up to my mind:
      * user::{john,dow,root,...}
      * attributes::{readonly,nobackup,executable...}
      * type::{application,content,lockfile,backup,..}
      * content::{audio,video,text...}
This would open so many opportunities. Actually the idea came to me,
when I was doing a backup yesterday. I was annoyed by the fact that I
needed to add each file I wanted to exclude to my backup script, instead
of storing the information together with the file.

Best regards

Ben